Monday, January 28, 2013

Nothing Happens by Coincidence

Dear family and friends,

I have never felt so tired since serving a mission. My companion and I worked really hard this past week and it was HOT! The sun is really draining. I know you all are suffering with the cold there but we are suffering quite the opposite here. It was pretty painful to wake up to the alarm a few times this week haha. It feels really good at the end of the day when I know that I have given my all and I have used the Lords time wisely. One of my goals since serving a mission has been to make every day count and to have no regrets, so far it's going pretty well. I'm really doing great right now and the work is moving along smoothly. My companion and I are getting along very well and the work is continuing to progress. The baptism that was delayed went very smoothly yesterday, I don't think it was by coincidence that it got postponed to yesterday and I'll explain why. Last Sunday we were supposed to have the baptism but of course the water wasn't working so we were pretty frustrated and we had hardly any investigators at church. It ended up working out better that it was yesterday though because a lot of our investigators came to church and were able to stay afterwards to witness the baptism. They all said that it was nice to see how baptisms are performed and the spirit was so strong. The mother that was baptized has been investigating the church for a while, she bore powerful testimony afterwards and said that she is so happy that she has finally found the truth.

We currently have one investigator named L_____, we started teaching him the first week I got to PJ. He has been progressing very nicely and the only thing holding him back from being baptized right now is him! If he says he wants to be baptized we could do it next week. He has come to church quite a bit and he is keeping all of the commandments. We taught him the word of wisdom a few weeks ago and he didn't have any concerns. He likes tea but he said that he is willing to just drink herbal tea, his biggest concern was the eating meat sparingly part, I'm pretty sure a lot of people struggle with that one haha. Anyways, he stayed for the baptism and said that he really enjoyed it. I wouldn't be surprised if we baptize him soon. He says that he has seen a lot of blessings since we began visiting him and that his life is changing for the better. It's so amazing to see how the gospel transforms lives and brings them closer to salvation.

We also are teaching an awesome family named the M_____ family. We started teaching them a couple of weeks after I got here. We had an incredible lesson with just the mother last night, she really really wants to know if joining our church is the right path. She says that she has seen an incredible change in her life, her family and her spirituality since we began meeting with her. She said she feels an amazing peace and joy each time we visit her, she wishes she could have that all the time. We explained to her that she is feeling the spirit and she has the chance to always feel that if she is baptized and confirmed. She loves the Book of Mormon and says that she has even been fasting this past week to know what she should do. The only problem right now is that she has been a member of her church for a while and it's really looked down upon to keep switching churches. This family (father, mother and 2 young boys) have so much potential and I can't wait to see the day they are baptized and eventually sealed in the temple.

Hard work, obedience and faith really pay off. The Lord is pouring down his blessings upon this area and I feel His hand guiding this great work. It shows that you get what you go for in life, as my companion and I continue to work hard I believe the Lord will continue to work miracles in this area of His vineyard.

Love,

Elder Summers

No comments:

Post a Comment