Saturday, October 19, 2013

Transfers

Sept 2, 2013 Hello everyone, The work is still going great here. We had transfer news Sunday night and nothing major happened. My companion and I will still be together (not surprised). One of the Elders in our apartment is being transferred but he's only going right across the street! A lot of new Elders came in this transfer and the mission is really expanding. President Zackrison is taking a whole new approach and it's interesting having "new" management. One exciting thing is that we are getting a new apartment! The current apartment is way too small for 4 people. The apartment right next door to us is not being used so 2 of us will be moving in there. It will be a lot nicer for sure! On Saturday we had M____ interviewed for baptism and she passed. We will have X____ interviewed this week! They are both doing great and it will be exciting to see their baptisms on the 15th. We also have about 4 or 5 people I think will be ready for baptism by the end of the month but we'll see. The branch is really growing and hopefully they will become a ward soon. They are really trying to find land for a chapel right now but there is a lot of opposition from Satan of course. They are having difficulties with the local municipality. They have been meeting in this dumpy school for the past 5 years unfortunately. It would be such a blessing to have a chapel in this area. I know the Lord will prepare the way as the church continues to develop here. I don't have much to say this week. I'm not sure why but I can tell you that everything is just running smoothly. We just keep teaching, finding and working hard and the Lord is preparing the way! I was reflecting on a statement I read this past week in a letter that I received: "Obedience brings blessings, exact obedience brings miracles." Amen to that. I have been trying to work towards becoming a consecrated missionary and trying to see where I can improve. It is really important to not try and tackle every weakness at once and to progress one step at a time. Something I struggled with at the beginning of my mission was trying to improve on everything at once! Instead it is important to be patient and work one step at a time. It has been so great to have so much time to study the scriptures and other church materials. I recently completed reading a book called "Believing Christ." It is a fantastic book and really helped me understand that perfection comes not in myself by through Christ. We give it our best and Christ does the rest. We simply have to lay everything on the table and Christ will be our advocate with the Father. I have also been reading the book called "Infinite Atonement." This book is incredible! Elder Callister is brilliant and he examines the atonement from all angles. This book has really blown my mind and helped me develop a deeper appreciation for the greatest act in human history. As my testimony of the Savior and his selfless sacrifice grows, so does my desire to share his gospel. I feel as though time is against me and I just want to make everyday count! I'm so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve another transfer here and see some of the fruits of our labors. The Lord really does guide this work and he can see the bigger picture. I love you all and wish you another great week. Elder Summers

No comments:

Post a Comment