Sunday, September 1, 2013

Not Many Stories

August 5, 2013
 
I don't really have many "stories" for this week so I'll just tell you individually a little bit. This past week was amazing to say the least. We have been knocking on a lot of doors and finding incredible people. The branch here is really growing and has a goal to become a ward by the end of the year. They are also working on finding land for a chapel. This is the largest branch I've served in so far, usually church attendance is around 60 to 90. The school we are currently meeting in isn't the nicest so I hope they are able to find land for a chapel soon. 

A lot of the people we are teaching are people we found just this past week so we don't have many progressing investigators at the moment. A lot of the people we found though are very interested and a lot of them have serious potential. We are really hoping to find more priesthood holders. A lot of the investigators we have found are women, which isn't a bad thing but we need to find priesthood to help the branch really grow. We did find one guy named R..... that is really interested and is fascinated with the fact I'm from America. He is a really smart guy and has great questions, he has a lot of potential to progress. 

We had a total of 22 new investigators this week which is way more then I've ever had in a single week. So many people are just inviting us in when we knock on the door and we are teaching them. English isn't as much of a struggle as my last area but it can still be a challenge at times. Most people know English pretty well here. I'll let you know how it goes with some of the people we are teaching and hopefully I have more updates next week. 

 Love,

Elder Summers

No comments:

Post a Comment